Here’s a quick and easy recipe for those of you who are super busy but still want to eat right and/or lose weight (in other words, this recipe is for just about everyone). Even though this recipe contains more than beans and greens, as long as you have those two ingredients, the rest can be whatever you have on hand that you feel like adding.
The result is a low-carb, low-calorie, nutrient-dense meal that comes together in just a few minutes! The garlic and herbs give this dish its savory flavor, while the greens add chewiness and the beans create a creamy bite.
- 1 t. olive oil (or just a splash of water)
- 1 t. minced garlic
- ½ t. fresh herbs of choice (I used rosemary)
- ½ bunch kale, tough ribs removed (or other greens would work)
- A few shakes of Herbamare, or seasoning of choice
- ¾ cup cooked white beans (I used canned Cannellini beans)
- 8-10 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Optional: 1 T. seeds (I used hemp seeds)
- In a saucepan, heat oil (or water) over medium-low heat. Add garlic and fresh herbs and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the greens and stir to coat with the herbs and garilc, then add a splash of water to prevent burning. Cook until wilted. Sprinkle with Herbamare.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, and remaining seasonings. Stir to heat through and slightly cook the tomatoes (but not so much that they release their juices and become mushy).
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl and add hot sauce and seeds, if desired. Enjoy!
This dish is so simple, easy, and nutritious! Eat this for lunch and see how good you feel! This dish is perfect for those who are watching their weight or their carbohydrate intake.
It’s also extremely versatile. Have mushrooms on hand? Add them! Growing fresh basil? Throw some in! I think you get the picture. My point is, you don’t have to have fancy ingredients to eat well, and you don’t always have to spend lots of time planning meals. If you always keep fresh greens, beans, and garlic on hand, you can easily find a way to make a nutritious meal out of them!
This is one of my go-to easy lunch recipes, and if you want to be healthy, I recommend you adopt this recipe base yourself. Feel good about what you eat! 🙂