I often find myself asking my friends, “Have you tried ______ yet? I’m obsessed with it!” And since lists of current obsessions are quite common in the blogging world, I thought I’d share mine with you in this fun little post.
(Note: this is not a sponsored post!)
1. If you’re curious as to how the opening photo relates to my obsessions, wait no longer. If you have kids, you know that they love bubbles. I enjoy them as well, but I hate the fact that the soap gets everywhere and somehow always drips onto my leg. The solution?
The Light-up Bubbleizer! Just aim at your child, pull the trigger, and enjoy the rapidly firing stream of bubbles. The Bubbleizer is only $10, and it’s worth every penny! I just wish it came with an extra
magazine bottle of soap.
2. If you’ve encountered me at all, you’ve heard of How Not To Die, by Gene Stone and Michael Greger, MD. It’s actually two books in one — Part I covers the top 15 diseases in America and the research related to them, and Part II tells you what to eat to prevent those diseases. Buy it, read it with a highlighter, then thank me for the recommendation. You won’t regret it, and it may even save your life! 3. My next two obsessions were actually inspired by How Not To Die, because they were mentioned in the book as Dr. Greger’s tea and sweetener of choice. He recommends hibiscus tea because it is extremely high in antioxidants, and is thus a good tea for cancer prevention. Read the book for more info. I’ve discovered this blueberry hibiscus tea, which is now my favorite tea. I use two tea bags per cup of water and add lemon juice, mint leaves, and erythritol for a little sweetness.
4. I’m not usually a fan of zero-calorie sweeteners, but I do use erythritol to sweeten tea and coffee because it has no chemical aftertaste and is not harmful (that we know of). I don’t use a lot of it because it’s fairly expensive, and I’ve always been of the opinion that there has to be a downside to zero-calorie sweeteners, even if we don’t know what it is yet.
5. Every morning I have one cup of half-caff coffee sweetened with erythritol. We have a nice coffee maker that grinds the beans for us, so my morning coffee is a treat I really enjoy. After trying several brands of whole beans, my current coffee brand obsession is Counter Culture. I mix the regular and decaf in our grinder, and the flavor is hard to beat!
6. If you have not tried Kite Hill vegan cheeses, you MUST. At Whole Foods they have the cream cheeses, and I love both of them (regular and chive). They are made of almonds, water, salt, and probiotics, and they taste exactly like the dairy versions. I used the regular cream cheese to make a vegan cheesecake last week, and it came out perfectly! So buy it. Buy it now.
7. I’ve been trying to reduce my sugar intake lately (Yes, I’m aware I just mentioned making cheesecake. Please ignore.), but at night I really just want a piece of chocolate. I recently discovered Lily’s dark chocolate, which is sweetened with a small amount of stevia and contains 25% fewer calories than regular dark chocolate. It satisfies my chocolate craving without making me want to go on a sugar binge. I’ve started using Lily’s chocolate chips in my granola bars, and I can’t taste a difference!
8. I was never a huge fan of date paste until I tried raw cinnamon rolls a few weeks ago. I had a good amount of cinnamon date paste left over, so I put it in a jar in the fridge and have been eating in with almond butter on toast. So. Freaking. Good! It’s now Abby’s breakfast of choice.
9. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love heirloom beans. They’re beautiful, delicious, and have a great texture. I ordered mine from RanchoGordo.com, but there are other options online. After trying heirloom beans, I’m ruined against canned beans forever — so proceed with caution!
10. And finally, a product that has nothing to do with food or entertaining kids: Sugar Lip Tint by Fresh with SPF 15. I’m very particular about lip products, so this is a huge endorsement! I buy these lip tints in twos because I use them multiple times a day. They protect my lips, keep them soft, and add a natural-looking tint that I prefer to the look of heavy lipstick.
And there you have it, my list of current obsessions. I hope you were introduced to some products that you now realize you can’t live without! If you only try one of these items, make sure it’s How Not To Die. Or the chocolate.
Have a great weekend, everyone! 🙂